Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Road Trippin And Then Some

This past 3 day weekend, I had planned to attend a John Mayer concert, but last minute, my sons dad called and let me know he was too sick to take him, so I decided it was the perfect weekend to road trip to Austin and take him to walk the trails of Lake Travis/ eat vegan food/ and thrift shop! Yeahhhh! My sis, Karina, Sebby and I left Saturday at noonish and on our way found this amazing vintage shop on the side of the road. A hippie couple converted an old gas station into the coolest vintage store - The Style Station. They had been there for 20 years and by golly, it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Id love to have a cool vintage shop like that someday.

















We walked for a few miles at Lake Travis/ goofed off/ got some good shots. No fashion at all here. We were sweaty n knew we would be!















And then, when I got home....the most beautiful vintage dresses ever in the mail!!! A colorful pleated caftan and a long spanish senorita dress! Love and love again!



2 comments:

  1. i really enjoyed it, fancy face. thanks for forcing me to go haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you had a blast. The boutique looks like a really cool place to shop for vintage gems. I espcially like the black dress... elegant. Your boy is very cute. Toots... batty as always. Austin is great place to have fun. I'm looking foward to see your pics from ACL.

    ReplyDelete